The funeral home in Winnemucca Nevada was founded in 1915 as Eddy Funeral Parlor and was operated by Edna Eddy. Edna’s son, Hallie, became an active partner in the business in 1926 and the name was changed to Eddy & Son Funeral Home. In 1929 the business moved from its location on Bridge Street to its present location of 47 W. First St. (The former Ed Reinhart home.)
In 1987 Pete and Judy Albertson became the new owners of the mortuary and renamed it “Albertson Funeral Home.” They later retired and sold the funeral home in 1997 to Hamilton Funeral Service. In 2005 Service Corporation International purchased the mortuary. In 2014 Kevin Stiles and Dan Roberts of Janus Advisors in Chico, California purchased the home from SCI and renamed it “Sonoma Funeral Home.” The funeral home is now locally managed by Marlene Shier who was born and lived in the Lovelock and Winnemucca areas most of her life. Bob Beringer, a long time resident of Winnemucca, assists in removals and other preparations as needed.